Deadline: November 15, 2015
The Internship Programme of German Business offers young graduates and students the possibility of a three to six-month long internship at leading German companies . The interns gain an insight into corporate culture in Germany and are acquainted with modern management and work organisation.
Following their stay in Germany, the interns return to their respective home country and are able to contribute the newly acquired knowledge and skills there. The experience and contacts established will strengthen the economic development of their home countries and promote bilateral relations with Germany as well as economic relations within the region. Thus, this programme and the associated alumni network make an important contribution towards regional reconciliation, intensified economic relations and create a cross-sectoral network of young, cosmopolitan professionals in the region.
• The interns receive a scholarship that is financed from the funds of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The participating German companies make available both the required management capacities as well as the internship placements. Furthermore, the companies cover the cost of accommodation and health insurance for the interns or pay a monthly allowance;
• Prior to the internship, there is a common introductory programme held in Berlin with the aim of bringing together the interns with the relevant stakeholders in politics and industry, thus preparing them for their stay in Germany;
• During their stay in Germany, scholarship holders have a possibility to attend appropriate language course in order to improve their command of German language, whose costs are also covered by the Programme.
• Students of higher semesters and postgraduates
with first job experience can apply.
• Their field of studies should have a focus either on economic finance, engineering, journalism or agriculture.
• The applicants should generally not be older than 30 years.
• A very good command of German and/or English is required.
• Applicants from Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia are called to apply.
• Get information on how to apply here.
• Before you fill in the online application, you should prepare the following documents:
– Letter of motivation (1-2 max.pages in German or English);
– Curriculum vitae (in German or English);
– Portrait photo (in a common graphics format, e.g. JPG), a separate document;
– Scanned transcript of records (overview of the courses and marks, issued by your faculty);
– Translation of transcript of records (German or English translation, there is no official translation required for the online application stage);
– Other scanned documents available (e.g. language certificates for German or English, references, diplomas).
– You may upload the documents in Word, PDF or graphics formats.
Click here for more information.